Winter NON-safety cover for IG with kids and dogs...

Because all I can do is laugh now, figured you would all like this update.

The tarp over the whole safety cover was a mess. The dogs ran over it, the wind blew it off. Called the PB just to make him aware. So back they came, and now we have this. Much better and I think it will last longer. The tarp is under the safety cover straps.

coverfinal.jpg

The problem now is that you can't keep the solid cover pumped off.

I would just remove the tarp. It's not really doing anything.

If you want a solid cover, you need to get a safety solid cover.

I'm wondering if they don't want you to see the anchors for some reason?

The problem now is that you can't keep the solid cover pumped off.

I would just remove the tarp. It's not really doing anything.

If you want a solid cover, you need to get a safety solid cover.

I'm wondering if they don't want you to see the anchors for some reason?

It is a mesh Loop Loc. The tarp doesn't cover the whole pool under - it's just sort of draped over the edge and then under the anchors. (Still makes me wonder, but...)

We did see the anchors for about a week after the initial tarp job blew off.

The tarp is under the Loop Loc. The original reason for the tarp (instead of just the mesh Loop Loc) was to protect the Loop Lock straps from the concrete. PB said there is a chance the straps will stain our concrete since it wasn't fully cured when the pool was closed. So the tarp is under the straps covering the concrete to the edge of the pool opening. Sorry - it's hard to explain!

Reactions: Griswald
Cut pieces of that tarp and shove them under all the springs and straps. You will protect the concrete and water won’t collect and get nasty between the safety cover and tarp.

That's kind of what it is now =) The tarp doesn't extend over the pool surface under the Loop Loc - it's just covering the concrete decking up to the edge of the pool water surface.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I don’t necessarily agree with the PBs concerns about the straps, but I understand why he thinks that way. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. What I can’t grasp is why he would originally put the tarp ABOVE the straps. I’m like my 14 year old daughter when they mess up her Starbucks order. I. Just. Can’t. Even. Lol.

That makes no sense.

If you look through the mesh, I think that you will find that the cover covers the entire pool.

LOL it isn't - I watched them when they did on the security cameras. No tarp over the pool surface under the mesh cover. Here's a snippet (not the greatest, but it is what it is):

When was your pool decking poured? When did they drill the holes for the loop loc inserts? Did they have any concerns about concrete curing between those two actions? How many days between concrete decking being poured and safety cover being put in place?

I do think the PB has legitimate concerns about staining. There are several threads on here with the same issues. However I think the tarp and bags will make the same discolorations only they might look a bit more uniform. The organic dirt that builds up under the bags will most likely stain as well and there is a UV factor that could show a discoloration from covered to non covered.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.