Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We won't be closing our pool, but will use it a lot less as the days (eventually) get cooler. We have a heatpump, so may heat it up occasionally for a party or something. Can/should we do anything different than our normal TFP routine? Like maybe only test weekly if no one is using the pool?

You're far enough South that freezing temps are very rare and short-lived and your water temperature likely won't drop below 60 degrees or so. Your SWG can probably be run through the winter without a problem. You'll likely find that your winter chlorine demand will only be about 1/3 that of your summer demand so your SWG can be reduced a great deal. Pump time can be minimal, I run mine no more than 4 hours per day in the winter. Once you get to know your pool well you know how stable it is and how important daily testing is. This assumes that you check your pump and SWG daily to ensure they are working properly. I find that checking my equipment daily and my chemistry every week or so works for me, especially in the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.