Winter Cover issue

Dpooltest

May 28, 2019
New york
I had my pool closed (above ground) and my winter cover, about 3 years old, appears to have a hole, or small tears. It was sitting on the water and a few hours after closing I noticed water on top of the cover (in a line fold), and it increased slightly over the next day. Does this pose an issue for the winter, if / when leaves fall and make the water on top of the cover gross, will that seep in to the pool and make opening a pain / cause other issues?

There were no cuts, but it looks like the tarp covering is "peeling" in some spots. The water appeared in the middle of the pool, so I can't actually see if there is real damage.

Thanks.

Most safety covers are mesh, which is flow-through. It isn't going to do much that another cover wouldn't do. What is your water temp? High temp water is worse to close with since it will promote algae growth.

It really needs to be under 60 degrees. Try to keep chlorine in it until the water temp drops. I'd dump a gallon every week or so and mix with a leaf rake around the edges no need to take the cover off. This goes for opening too. Open when the water hits low 60s.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.