Winter cover alternatives

Oct 19, 2018
Barto, PA
I have a Omni 17x33 shaped pool that used to have a custom safety cover before it fell apart. I've been using mesh pool covers since but they're becoming difficult to handle in the spring. Last year I put a net overtop for leaves from adjoining properties, but come Spring, it was a total mess. Covers they sell say they let water through but it seems water and debris just piles up on top. I got a pump to pump water off the cover, but you might as well just empty the pool, they are a waste. Wondering if I can just get a rectangular safety cover and try and hook it to the prior anchors in the ground, even if I can't hook all of them, some may work and just throw water bags on top for added weight instead of resting the cover on the water itself which eventually sinks into the pool. Any suggestions? Thank you!!

Attachments

• 102711687_3182781165122623_4174476004705773516_n.jpg
    102711687_3182781165122623_4174476004705773516_n.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 4
You have three choices for a winter cover.

Mesh or solid safety cover. Mesh Allows water to filter through, key is having them tight enough so leaves blow off with wind. Solid requires a pump to remove water off it or tears can result. Zero mixing of snow melt water with pool water.
Coping attached winter cover. Snow melt Water will not mix with pool water but a huge mess to Remove in spring.
Standard winter cover with water bags. Snow melt water won’t mic with pool water but a mess to remove in spring.

IMO, mesh safety cover is the best and easiest to handle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.