will hayward swg prologic control a Circupool

jsteggy

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 15, 2011
Southern California
Hi, I have a hayward swg prologic 8 with swg, which I've replaced the cell a few times in the past 10 years. For the past two I've just used LC when the cell died after a year and hayward wouldn't help. There seems to be a lot going for the Circupool products. Do they have a drop in replacement or do I need their controller too? Thanks.

For the past two I've just used LC when the cell died after a year and hayward wouldn't help.
The cell should have a 3 year warranty.
There seems to be a lot going for the Circupool products. Do they have a drop in replacement or do I need their controller too?
There are several aftermarket cells that are compatible with the Hayward Aquarite and ProLogic.

I prefer genuine Hayward cells.

Verify the first 4 characters of a Hayward cell to verify the warranty and manufacturing year.

For example 3E20 means it has a 3 year warranty and was made in 2020. 1E19 means that it has a 1 year warranty and was made in 2019.

You can check with Circupool to see if they have a compatible T-15 cell.

1625584544598.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
Circupool is an online marketing genius, their cell comes with 5K, 7K and 10K hours rated version, we have many of them in the field and learned that from experience.

If you are paying $500 for one, make sure it is rated for 10K hours, other wise the genuine Hayward would be a better buy at $650.

So don't be fooled by their price or warranty, we use the cells from same factory all the time, they are not bad product, just do not over pay.

I have mentioned in other threads how to find "good" generic by their shape, we have stopped using 5K and 7K cells ourselves, and only stick with 10K version for the most Chlorine/Dollar reason.

If you only want to pay the less money up front or plan to sell your house within a year, that is different objective.

They are the same model number, Circupool should know what version they ordered but they may not tell you.

We have a device we hook up to all our customers, that reports all cell performance information back to our office daily.

So we know if a cell is having build up or dying, we have detail data on each cell we put in service.

So we plan our daily route based on this information and swap the cell preemptively.

This is plugged in between the generator and cell.View attachment 353096

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.