Wifi/Timer/Dusk to Dawn Switch for LED light

The switches I was referring to are controlled by the Kasa TP-Link app.
Thank you for the quick response. I purchased the KASA TP-Link switch you suggested above, installed the switch and the Kasa app. You stated "I am able to switch the pool lights on and off about every second". Can you share how you did this? Under Smart Actions, I can add Motion Sensing, Controll with a switch, schedule a schene, and Auto-Off time. I went through all these and cannot figure it out. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Thank you for the quick response. I purchased the KASA TP-Link switch you suggested above, installed the switch and the Kasa app. You stated "I am able to switch the pool lights on and off about every second". Can you share how you did this? Under Smart Actions, I can add Motion Sensing, Controll with a switch, schedule a schene, and Auto-Off time. I went through all these and cannot figure it out. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Maybe you can describe what you're trying to accomplish. Some lights require you to cycle the on/off switch until the lights change to the color you want. With the Kasa TP-Link switch, you should be able to cycle through colors using the physical switch or the Kasa app. Using the app, it's a matter of touching cycling through the colors using the button on the app.

Maybe you can describe what you're trying to accomplish. Some lights require you to cycle the on/off switch until the lights change to the color you want. With the Kasa TP-Link switch, you should be able to cycle through colors using the physical switch or the Kasa app. Using the app, it's a matter of touching cycling through the colors using the button on the app.
I have the Pentair Intellibrite LED pool light and I am trying to make the lights turn on every night, at 8:00, to the blue color without purchasing the Pentair's $300 switch. To get it to the blue light manually, I have to switch the lights on/off 8 times, so I am trying to find a WiFi switch that I can program to schedule the lights to turn on/off 8 times at 8:00. Any suggestions?

Thanks

My pool is still under construction but as of right now, my pool light is set to have the type of on/off switch you described where you repeatedly flip it for a certain color.

Are you saying that with the Kasa Tp-Link WiFi switch, I can simply replace the generic switch and easily select the color I want my light to shine?

If so that would be great since I already have a couple Kasa WiFi Switches that I haven't gotten around to using.

Thanks,
Sam

Are you saying that with the Kasa Tp-Link WiFi switch, I can simply replace the generic switch and easily select the color I want my light to shine?
You cannot set a program to cycle the switch on/off to achieve the desired color though the KASA app. You still need to cycle the switch manually either with the rocker or the button on your smart phone.

I tried to set a routine with Alexa, but the fastest I was able to cycle on/off was every 5 seconds.

Reactions: TheNameIsSam
You cannot set a program to cycle the switch on/off to achieve the desired color though the KASA app. You still need to cycle the switch manually either with the rocker or the button on your smart phone.

I tried to set a routine with Alexa, but the fastest I was able to cycle on/off was every 5 seconds.

Ah, that's too bad. It would have been a much cheaper alternative to Pentair's light controller(s).

Thanks for the info!
Sam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.