Why is it so excruciatingly hard to decide on a new pool liner????!!!!!

serenast

Mar 13, 2022
VA
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi there all you lovely people! I'm a newbie to pools and my husband grew up with them and hates them (as he constantly reminds me!). I love having a pool and am happy to check the filter and run the vacuum (we have one of those robot ones, Nautilus maybe?). We have to replace the liner this year and I'm struggling to choose a liner. I'm trying to get away from the fake/plastic look of many of the designs and prefer not to have a border. We have white plastic steps and don't want to spend the money to cover them. My hubby likes a dark pool and I like a light pool, but as he is sick of me talking about it, he says I can do whatever I want so Mission Accomplished there 😜. I'm stuck between Reef, Sandy Point and Crystal for the floor. Sandy Point has some texture to it not sure if that's good or bad..... Bit worried about what Reef looks like above water when you're in the pool, with that heavy pattern and more blue/grey color. Our yard was a forest when we bought the house, with waaaay too many snakes and very shady, and we have cleared out a ton of trees and will be planting grass and pretty shrubs in the yard to create a much lighter feel. Nonetheless, we still have a fair few trees. I would love any input you have to offer, with pics to explain what you mean if poss :). Here are some pics of our yard before we cleared out trees and brush Pool is 18 x 36
IMG_0748.jpegIMG_0768.jpegIMG_2849.jpegIMG_2851.jpegIMG_2852.jpeg

I love the look of dark gray charcoal liners. But it seems that it would be hard to see the bottom in low light. I need to see what’s swimming with me. 😀 If you don’t like the fake tile borders they make liners without. Here is a teal liner. No border.

Hi there all you lovely people! I'm a newbie to pools and my husband grew up with them and hates them (as he constantly reminds me!). I love having a pool and am happy to check the filter and run the vacuum (we have one of those robot ones, Nautilus maybe?). We have to replace the liner this year and I'm struggling to choose a liner. I'm trying to get away from the fake/plastic look of many of the designs and prefer not to have a border. We have white plastic steps and don't want to spend the money to cover them. My hubby likes a dark pool and I like a light pool, but as he is sick of me talking about it, he says I can do whatever I want so Mission Accomplished there 😜. I'm stuck between Reef, Sandy Point and Crystal for the floor. Sandy Point has some texture to it not sure if that's good or bad..... Bit worried about what Reef looks like above water when you're in the pool, with that heavy pattern and more blue/grey color. Our yard was a forest when we bought the house, with waaaay too many snakes and very shady, and we have cleared out a ton of trees and will be planting grass and pretty shrubs in the yard to create a much lighter feel. Nonetheless, we still have a fair few trees. I would love any input you have to offer, with pics to explain what you mean if poss :). Here are some pics of our yard before we cleared out trees and brush Pool is 18 x 36
View attachment 395769View attachment 395770View attachment 395776View attachment 395778View attachment 395779
Hi there! I am curious what decision you made with your new liner as I am currently choosing mine! Any info you can share is appreciated, thank you!