Why does the rain cause me to slam my pool

Let's fix the terminology a little. You have not SLAMed your pool. You have started the SLAM process but you are not done.

Yes, you can add CYA during this SLAM but I am going to withdraw that suggestion now that I know you get so little sunlight.

So, you are in the middle of the SLAM process and you are replenishing your FC back up to 12 ppm at least twice daily, correct.

Vacuum that dead algae off the pool floor, backwash as necessary, and keep running your pump 24/7. You should see less and less of that dead algae on your pool floor and your pool should get clearer as you progress......it will be a daily improvement if you keep your FC up.
Yes this morning I corrected it back to 12 and then I will recheck again around 8pm and readjust chlorine back to 12 . Currently I am vacuuming the algae up and will continue running filter. I did buy pool stabilizer and will add alittle to it after the slam hopefully getting it to 40 slowely.

Yes this morning I corrected it back to 12 and then I will recheck again around 8pm and readjust chlorine back to 12 . Currently I am vacuuming the algae up and will continue running filter. I did buy pool stabilizer and will add alittle to it after the slam hopefully getting it to 40 slowely.
The more often you can check FC and add chlorine to get back to SLAM leel the better.

On the weekend when not working, 4 or 5 times a day is good and during work days before work, when you get home and just before bed are good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.