Why do salt water pools need higher CYA

But you want to be diligent about maintaining your FC. Keep it towards the top of the recommended levels. If you let it dip low and get algae, it will be a bear to slam it unless you exchange water to lower cya. IMG_1224.jpeg

SWGs also trickle the chlorine over time vs a slug all at once. I understood that all else equal if managed well it means Less chance of dropping below minimum therefore you can risk a higher cya

I think the key is keep your FC within the target range, and not trying to keep your FC between the Minimum FC and your target.

Some members seem to try to keep their FC at the absolute lowest FC they can get away with. :scratch:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Saturn94
Some members seem to try to keep their FC at the absolute lowest FC they can get away with.
Yeppers! I panic if mine gets near min! If I know we’re going to have heavy use of the pool, I’ll chuck in a bit of liquid chlorine before or after to make up for it!

I actually keep just north of target, for me with 40 CYA it’s normally around 8 or 9. It’s safe all the way up to SLAM level so having that buffer means if I miss a day or two it really doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.