Why did I put it under an oak tree?!?!?!

Jul 25, 2018
Andover
So I bought a 16' x 48" summer waves elite pool this summer for my first pool. I have plenty of flat spots in my yard but wanted to kind of tuck it back out of view and that spot is right under an oak tree! I thought maybe some shade would be nice right! Well it's that time of year and acorns are falling by the millions! The cover that came with the pool was junk, needed 2 people to cover or remove and would collect water which was dirty and get into the pool water when removing. I got a cheap solar cover from menards thinking it would collect most of the acorns and be easy to handle. It's been working OK but wondering if there is a better option? What kind of covers are you using that is easy to put on and remove by yourself? A friend recommended soft swim products which has been working great so the water is clean but the whole acorn/cover ordeal is making us use it less and clean it more! And no I'm not cutting down the tree!!!

Thanks for any advice!

I believe they make winter mesh covers that allow water to pass through but will still collect debris. That might be easier to handle in terms of getting it on and off as it would be light, and would still prevent the acorns from getting into water. Maybe shake the tree to shorten the time period that they fall? Rent a family of squirrels to harvest them (only trying inject a little humor into your day here:D)

Good luck.

And no I'm not cutting down the tree!!!

Then move the pool to another spot in your yard next season. That tree will be an ongoing problem .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.