Who wants to swim...

Jun 22, 2013
In this perfectly balanced, crystal clear, 74 degree pool :)

It killing me that we can't swim... Indiana weather for ya!
f50d7791745f51842506c4a2ef6a175e.jpg

Tell me about it... it's LATE JUNE in Alabama.

Outside temp right now is 70... it JUST got there!
Pool temp is 77! When I woke up this morning it was 79.

Pool has been at 80 a few times, but then we get 50 degree overnights and drops the pool temp. I have a blanket coming this week.

80 is even cold if your in the shade and there is any breeze...

Man up and jump in!

We used to play ¿Quién es más macho? by jumping in the river while camping in the Sierras. The river is fed by snowmelt in June.

Once you go numb it's not so bad.
:mrgreen:
But thanks for your guidance since I got started. This pool looks the best it ever has... It's just really cold. My solar cover will be here soon, and I found s solar heater thing I might try to hook up. It's the black dome kind.... Not sure it would help that much...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Even with the solar cover I loose about 4 deg at night when it drops to upper 50 or lower 60. But gain it back + during the day in full sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Had to add... that is some nice looking water.
Thanks... It is driving me nuts. We had tons of trouble last year with an intex sand filter that kept blowing sand in the pool. Lead to a huge mustard algae problem by fall.

Then I scored the 200lb Hayward sand filter and 1 1/2hp pump on Amazon in Oct for $132... Now they are $450. I also added the in wall skimmer with the new pump/filter...

With that and the TFP methods I have the cleanest, clearest pool we have ever had, and June is almost over, kids have been in twice when it was 80 degrees...

Can't wait to get the temp up and actually enjoy it :)

I feel your pain! I had a green pool until early June. Finally got it clear, only about a week's worth of swimming in. Water was 75. (My cover ripped, then a glass table broke on top of it, I gave up, ha ha. Thankfully it was on the pool deck at the time, not on the pool.) here's hoping for some decent swimming weather soon!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.