Who to Believe?

Cekkk

Jun 29, 2019
Pahrump NV
So I ran Taylor chlorine, pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness and CYA tests today and was surprised to see that some tests came out the opposite of the test strips results.

For one, strip showed normal pH, Taylor below 7.

I'm treating based on Taylor numbers. As still a newbie, is this unusual and is my decision to go Taylor correct and safe?

Do you happen to be SLAMming your pool? If so, the pH test isn't going to be accurate.

And yes, the test strips are junk. Throw them away, there's no reason to second guess the Taylor kit which you spent good money on so that you could have accurate test results.

Strips showed my cya at 40 so i added more still 40 so added more. Got taylor and it was over 100. I use the strips to see if my chlorine is good as in above 10 :) If its not the same color i get the test kit out.

You need to throw away the test strips. They're junk and, as you've seen, not accurate.

You can't be half "fast" about your pool chemistry. Yes, the strips are quick and easy. Trouble is, they aren't right. You've got to start trusting your test kit. Best way to do that is by throwing out the guess strips. Using your kit as a backup to test your strips is an exercise in futility, and you should stop doing it.

Just throw out the strips and trust your kit. You'll be glad you did.

Reactions: frogabog
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.