Who has ONE IntelliBrite Color LED?

SunshineNative

Silver Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Lutz, FL
I see a lot of opinions about one light or two. At over $1000 a pop, I would love to make the decision based on actual experience. Does anyone have a single Pentair Intellibrite color LED? If so, can you share a pic at night, and some basic pool dimensions?

Thanks ahead...

Here is ours....pool is 15x34
dfe8dd3562a659d2f35c90cb99dff9c1.jpg

Looks great to me. Not sure why I would want more light than that....

i was planning to put the light on the long side of the pool though (because of orientation to house). Wonder if they work as well in the "wide" orientation...

Thanks for posting!

I have two Intellibrite 5G on the long side of my pool (20 x 40 feet) and together they supply about the right amount of light. All depends on the size and shape of your pool. Please update your signature with all of your pool data and we will be more able to help with your question.

Thanks for all the replies. Pool is not built yet, hence the question, but is planned to be 15x30 rectangular.

Felipe, I know I can get them for around $500, however pool builders charge over $1000 each. I haven't committed 100% yet to owner-build.

P.S. I'm not planning to play night volleyball, I just think the pools look pretty with the colorful glow at night.

One light on the long edge will leave two dark areas in your pool. You are right to want to see pictures of a single LED light in that configuration before deciding. But they might be hard to come by for a reason.

I have an 18x40 rectangle being built right now. The electrician will be here Wednesday to hook up 1 pentair 5g light. The pool will not be filled until concrete coping is in and then the liner. Probably another 3 weeks or so. If you are not building before then I'll send you pics!! I asked all the guys that were working on the pool and the salesman if one light was enough they all unanimously said yes. We shall see!!!! iagree it will not give uniform light coverage throughout the whole pool but I do believe that a second light will be too bright in the shallow end. My two cents

I have 1 Intellibrite in my pool, pool is around 30ft long, it's not enough light except when on the white setting. I haven't taken pictures of the colored options at night, but they only light up about half the pool, so I'd guess that 1 going across the width is still going to leave a few feet of darkness on the outer edges especially when using the colored lights. I can take pics of the colored lights this weekend.

Mine is an old pool that was just renovated, if I was building I'd put at least 2 lights...

This is the white light, my plaster is blue, so that's why it looks blue and there are patio lights on along the house.
20170813_004333 by Kristin Bollinger, on Flickr

And with the light off.
20170813_004423 by Kristin Bollinger, on Flickr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.