White Splotchy Areas

Thank you for the confirmation and the time you take to respond. Now, it seems to come off easy, but sanding the entire pool may not be practical. Is a no drain acid wash good for this situation? The plaster guy said keep the ph at 7.2 and use a sequestrent agent and brush with metal brush. It will take 2-3 months but should come off.

Your thoughts? Is adding the BeauTec worth it?

Usually a steel brush on plaster that is less than a year old is a no no. In this case, you might be an exception. Just be real easy with the steel brush and i think you will be alright.

So picked up the Leslie Scale Remover. Add half gallon, run pump 8-12 hours a day, brush, brush, brush. Didn't say anything about ph but I'm going to keep it at 7.2 for a month or so. Also got a stainless steel brush.

Picked an area that was on a wall and had, what I know know of as scale, and brushed lightly. A white cloud install showed up and a white film was on the water.

I hate to admit it but I guess I have a light coat of scale almost everywhere. It must have formed gradually and consistent enough that I didn't detect it.

Some types of sequestrent agents just suspend it so it will not stick to pool surface and some bond with it and make it larger so the filter will remove it. I don't know which type you have there but if it says to wash/backwash after a short time, then i think you have the latter sequestrant. I know it's a large job but don't get to aggeresive with that steel brush on your new'ish plaster. The scale will go away in time. Good luck.

Went over the pool today with a brush. I get a nice dense cloud of white now! It's coming off. Not with you hand but a light brushing works. The plaster is smoother now too.

Now, I don't think the Leslie's chemical is a sequestrent. It doesn't mention anything about back washing. What should I add so that I can filter it out?

I wish i could remember the name of the stuff my PB used at the start up of the pool but it removed plaster dust by way of the filter. Then again i don't know what else was in that stuff either, may throw your water balance of with some other chemicals in it. Look for something that will bind with the plaster dust so the filter can remove it. Almost anything that tells you to run the filter for 24 to 48 hours then clean the filter after will work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.