White slime in cartridge filter

Day 4 of SLAM. Water is a little clearer but certainly not clear. FC dropped to 18 overnight, added more to bring it back up. No idea what is eating the chlorine but no green, just cloudy blue. Have been switching out filters / cleaning soon as pressure raises. I suppose it's helping but cannot remember ever taking this long to get clear water. Have probably used 10 gallons of 10% Liquid Chlorine thus far. Have brushed up bottom 4 or 5 times in last 48 hours. I will be trying the vacuum head at other end of pool today to hopefully improve circulation. (skimmer right beside return now) That config certainly reduces water flow volume. I imagine because of the latency caused by the vacuum hose but I'll give it a try. Also, rain last night and more today.

Make sure to brush out everywhere the water touches - ladders, skimmer throat, behind any lights, etc. Could be algae hiding back there leaking into the pool and eating the chlorine. Looks like the steps was a good start but maybe somewhere else is hiding too?

Clarity can take time depending on the filter, is my understanding.

No idea what is eating the chlorine but no green, just cloudy blue. Have been switching out filters / cleaning soon as pressure raises.
Any organic stuff that is in the water is consuming the chlorine. Dead algae, live algae that you can not see, etc. The pool doesn't need to be green to have algae living in it. This is where many people get in trouble by relaxing on testing and maintaining the SLAM Process. Keep doing as you are.
Switch / Clean the filter when the pressure goes up 25% above clean pressures. Having a somewhat dirty filter can help filter better. It will also allow you to not have to open the filter as much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.