White/Grey Decking Ideas?

Kozman23

Silver Supporter
Oct 10, 2019
Prosper, TX
Hi All!

We are currently building our dream house and have been interviewing PB's for awhile now here in DFW, TX. We have found one we like who works with our builder so they can build the pool during home construction, which is great. The biggest issue we have having at this point is picking decking. We want something in the white to light grey family and are coming up short. Silver travertine is too dark, Ivory travertine is too "tan", PB is steering us away from Limestone due to staining, etc. So I'm here looking for ideas... Our house is pretty contemporary/modern and the pool will be geometric so we are looking to keep the coping and decking the same material (will be separated by small mexican pebbles).

One option the PB found for us is the marble I attached. It's pricey and he can't give us much information on it as far as durability, texture (slippage), etc.

Any ideas would be helpful, hoping we can share the full details of our build in the near future!
Evan

Attachments

• poolmarble.jpg
    poolmarble.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 20
  • poolmarble2.jpg
    poolmarble2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 19
Ahhh I LOVE the look of that marble! But no help on practicality. There was someone else looking for lighter options too...hmmm. If only my brain worked. I'll try to find it.

^^A few threads that may be helpful!

We are in a similar situation, building a modern style geometric pool in Houston area. We elected to go with a rock salt finish concrete deck with white coping from Stone Creek. (stonecreekpavers.com) They offer pre-cast concrete pavers and coping in a number of different color options. We went this route because we wanted a durable and practical option for our salt pool. They are just outside of Austin, we visited a couple of weeks ago before making our decision...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.