White film in Liquidator tubing

Water_man said:
Check the two black tubing connectors of the flow meter. Do you see air bubbles coming from the threads? If you do, take them out and use Teflon tape and then reconnect.
If you don't see any air bubbles in your LQ tubing then the leak is maybe in either one of the two ends.
Is your LQ higher than the pump? Is the pump higher than the pool water level?

I think those black fittings came with teflon tape because they're there now, unless I added them and forgot. I do have small bubbles coming from both sides, I will add more teflon tape. I also checked my saddle clamp and eventhough no water leaks when on or off I can hear a small hiss. Some one suggested that we should put teflon tape as well, which I will try.

My point was that my LQ emptied up to the out side level when the pump was off. Than at start up, my returns will have a lot of air, a good 45 secs of strong bubbles coming out of the returns at start up. Once I put the check valve on the in side, I did not get any air in my return lines.

As far as the white film/flakes in the LQ, I did not have a problem until one day when I poured the CL to quickly and disturbed the flakes at the bottom. Once the flakes were in the top part, it get sucked out and in to the flow meter and tubing. This caused my flow meter to read 1 when it was normally on 4 (clogged). I think the pouring of the CL is the most important maint issue that needs to be followed correctly. Once I took it ap;art and cleaned it I have not had on issue with my LQ except now I have to run the flow meter on 5 and it barely keeps my CL at 3.5ppm (during the summer). I guess I am going to have to run my pump in the evening a little longer.

I am 100% satisfied with my LQ even with it's little quirks. The good thing is all you good folks are testing solutions to make it better, I also would not mind paying a little extra for spare parts and tubing if it makes the LQ better and it is stocked my TFPtestkits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.