White (calcium?) buildup on concrete

Jetjohn6

Sep 22, 2019
Las Vegas
Still new to pool ownership. It's been going great following TFP since taking ownership. We seem to be slowly accumulating a white line at the water line on the faux stone portion of the pool perimeter. We're also seeing some to form at the grout between the tiles.

Is this calcium? Is there anything I can do with my chemistry to reduce or slow this accumulation? pH always tends to be on the high side that we guess to be 8-8.2. We add acid every week. I've attached a couple photos that didn't turn out the best but will hopefully help.
FC 4.5
pH ~7.8
TA 80
CH 310
CYA 40
Water temp 59°F

Attachments

• 20200405_155211.jpg
    20200405_155211.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200405_155225.jpg
    20200405_155225.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 28
Pretty standard in our area. You seem to have pretty low CH, mine starts at nearly that level. When did you last change your water?

Regardless you will get evaporite deposits as our high evaporation rates will deposit minerals at your water line.

Keeping your CSI slightly negative will reduce the accumulation. See Calcium Saturation Index (CSI) - Trouble Free Pool

Thanks for the reply. I haven't changed the water so it's at least 7 months old. Current numbers show our CSI at .17. Looks like keeping pH lower will help get that number negative. I'll work on that. It sure seems like we go through a lot of acid!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.