Which targets should I follow TF-100 Kit or Pool Math?

awetzel

May 29, 2019
Hazlet, NJ
Hello- Was just running through my weekly TF-100 tests and realized that the targets in the TF-100 instructions are different than the Pool Math app. For example, the kit tells me 100-120 is a target for TA whereas the app says 50-90 is a target range. Not sure which I should follow.

Also is it bad practice to add bleach before rain? My FC chlorine is unfortunately at zero (which is surprising because I tested it 2 days ago and it was right around 4. I was going to run to the store and grab some bleach but we're supposed to get a lot of rain tomorrow. (CYA is at 50 according to the test I just did).

Use the values in the app and on tfp. Although ta is something you generally should never have to worry about. And there's certainly nothing wrong with adding bleach to your pool to bump up your chlorine levels before how use or rain events

If you want to follow TFP methods then follow the PoolMath recommendations. There are many conflicts throughout the pool industry.

Add CL whenever your pool needs it regardless of the weather. Your water doesn’t know it will rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.