Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
We installed our RJ-60+ last summer and it’s been great, however I’m trying to fine tune my chemicals and got three different readings with three different tests for salt today. Which one do I believe??

On the SWG itself : 2800
Test dip sticks : 3300
The electronic one I got on Amazon : 3800

If it helps, I just finished a SLAM for a minor algae problem. I had turned the SWG off for the duration and just turned it back on this morning. Current reading are

FC : 8
pH : 7.4 (trying to bring TA down)
TA : 140
CH : 300
CUA : 40 (currently have 8lbs in socks trying to up it to 70)

That’s a tough question to answer. I started the morning with a FC reading of 11. Bc of the high FC levels with SLAM I don’t know for certain what my daily FC loss is. The pool is currently 82degrees and gets full sun for about 11 hours a day.

Are you getting hydrogen bubbles out of the returns? I believe the RJ SWCG is clear. Can you see it creating chlorine in the cell?

I def get tiny bubbles out of my returns but if I’m being honest with you, I have no clue what I’m looking for in the cell. Here is a photo…E54E6916-B09D-44F1-AC4A-CC7E8A0239DF.jpeg

Maybe I should take it apart and clean it? I don’t see any movement in there if that’s what I’m looking for.

It is working. The fog look is all the bubbles of chlorine and hydrogen gas being created. It should clear when it duty cycles off.

If the SWCG is not complaining (see the control panel for a low salt light), and it is making chlorine, all is good. The actual salinity level really does not matter.

When the unit says it has low (or high) salt, or is not creating chlorine, then you test the actual salinity to see if you need to add salt or if there is something wrong with the system.

Okie dokie. I’ll confirm that the cell goes clear when it’s off. I’m getting no errors on the actual unit so I won’t worry about it right now. Pool math says it should be making 3ppm of FC if it runs at 80% for 12 hours. I suppose it’s possible that I had a loss of 5-6 today. Hopefully that will come down once I up the CYA to 70. I’ve also read that the SWG isn’t as efficient at lower CYA, so maybe it isn’t creating 3ppm.

The SWCG creates chlorine regardless of CYA level.

You might want to up your FC creation per day. My pool uses 4+ ppm FC per day. In a week when we get to 115+ degrees, that will likely go up to close to 5 ppm as water temperature gets to 90F.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I def get tiny bubbles out of my returns but if I’m being honest with you, I have no clue what I’m looking for in the cell. Here is a photo…View attachment 506730

Maybe I should take it apart and clean it? I don’t see any movement in there if that’s what I’m looking for.
Looks like it’s scaled up. There should be metal colored plates inside and when it’s generating, there a white swishy cloud of gas flowing out of one end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.