Which robotic cleaner to choose?

I found a decent deal on a Doheny's 4WD powered by Aquabot. It is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. I will post more about it when I get to put it into the water.

And as I posted that, I went out to put the old Polaris cleaner in, and turns out the pump is shot. Sounds like its locked up and isn't pumping any water. So, guess it was either karma, or just got lucky to purchase one at the right time.

And as I posted that, I went out to put the old Polaris cleaner in, and turns out the pump is shot. Sounds like its locked up and isn't pumping any water. So, guess it was either karma, or just got lucky to purchase one at the right time.

This is precisely one of the reasons I didn't want a pressure side. Extra pump to fail, make more noise, and use more energy. On top of everything Robots do more too. This thing does a fantastic job on walls and waterline as well. A pressure cleaner won't do that!

My I ask where you purchased your M5 and what you paid for it? I'm searching for either an M4 or M5 and from all of the research I've done, they've been discontinued? Although the Maytronics website still shows it. I've used their dealer locator and none are found within 100 miles of my residence. Thanks!

I'm about to do a post on it, but I just got a Dolphin Supreme M5 this week and I am highly impressed. As luck would have it, my brand new pool got trashed with a huge dust storm, and high winds for several days following the initial fill. This, coupled with dirt all round my pool really did a real number on it.

I knew dust would be an enemy, and this is the reason I got the M5 with cart filter options. The first run of thirty or so minutes filled the carts more full of dirt than this picture that was taken after two full cycles. After about three of those cycles, I can hardly find dust in the pool. Strangely, the dirt seems to just stick to the bottom and not vacuum up easily at all. We kept brushing to the main drains with some result, but the M5 swept things right up. How well it worked is simply amazing to me. I am so glad I went with this instead of a pressure cleaner setup I was originally planning.

The advice I offer is the same that was given to me. A robot is better than a pressure cleaner for more than one reason, and $$$ equal cleaning power. This may be the single best piece of advice I got for my entire pool build and it wasn't from my builder either.

DolphinM5rs1_zps89f56576.jpg

DolphinM5rs2_zps956aacd4.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.