Which pump to use

While we are throwing out information, the Jandy pump that I mentioned buying recently in my signature does not have a built in switch, it must be wired to an external switch, many people use a common double throw light switch to control pump speed on 2 speed pumps, or it can be wired into a relay if you have an automation system.

Isaac-1 said:
While we are throwing out information, the Jandy pump that I mentioned buying recently in my signature does not have a built in switch, it must be wired to an external switch, many people use a common double throw light switch to control pump speed on 2 speed pumps, or it can be wired into a relay if you have an automation system.

You know, I have not seen this specifically discussed and was wondering if using a 3-way light switch would work and be safe/meet code/etc. Do you have any references discussing this?

That is certainly easier to mount up that trying to find the correct rated SPDT switch and then figure out a way to mount it and make waterproof.

Well, I would suggest either the Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5HP 2-speed (PHK2RAY6F-103L) or the Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP 2-speed (SF-N2-1-1/2A) to get a little more flow to the spa.

Seems like they are identical and just different colors. I am not sure since the design is different than what you currently have how well the pipe will line up ... may require some plumbing work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.