Which Pool Waterline Tile Grout to use?

Feb 21, 2012
S. California
I am trying to figure out which type of pool waterline tile grout I should use with my glass tile that is reflective and opaque. It also covers a higher bond beam and submerged stair and seat lining.
Our installer will not use epoxy grout. We are concerned sanded grout will scratch off the shimmer. The installer says that non-sanded grout is no good and will fall out. Also, we would rather not wait two weeks for it to cure. Everything I have read says 10-14 days but the installer says 24 hrs.

Any recommendations based on what I described?

Thanks in advance!!!!

I am guessing you have a gunite pool...Here are some pictures of 2 different glass tiles that we were considering, both were grouted with NovaGard Silicone Grout. Pool & Spa Silicone Adhesives and Grouts - NovaGard

My wife works in the tile and stone industry (25 + years) and she likes this product (they also sell adhesive). Challenging to put on, and sort of $$$, but it seems to be well received for everyone that has used it. I did the grout job and am by no means a professional, we just wanted to see what it would look like. This is the grey, they have white, black and tan as well. Both of the boards below are glass tile from Lunada Bay.
1624470212655.jpeg
1624470266738.jpeg
1624470284935.jpeg
1624470300094.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: bellbound
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.