Which Pool Blaster for fiberglass pool under enclosure?

tech135797531

Jun 14, 2019
FL
Hello everyone!

I have a 10k fiberglass pool under a screen enclosure. I don't get leaves or any big/major debris, just fine debris on the smooth bottom and steps. I'd use it 2-3 times per week for 10 minutes.

I tried the Ryobi pool vacuum from HD but after replacing/returning 3 in 4 months due to water leakage / switch failure issues, I have up. I see that shortly after they stopped selling them. I don't want to get an expensive robot because I don't think it's needed.

So I'm looking for another manual vacuum but it's hard to decide which one to get. I'd think that the 380W Max Li or the 500W FX-8Li would be sufficient but they have such a wide range or vacuums. The Pro 900 and 1500 are reaching robot pricing. So for my needs, which model should I look at? I care more about reliability after all the Ryobi issues. Thank you!!!

PS Or is there a better brand option out there?

Last edited:
I would still get a robot, they are working very well now and are just way to easy to set them up..

If not get an old school vacuum as they are cheap and easy and really do not break :)

Guys, step up your game and get the most basic robot that'll climb the walls too and rid you of the once a week wall brushing and hassling with hoses. You'll be pleasantly surprised it can happen from the seat of you pants with no effort.

Reactions: clambert1273
We have a robot as well as the pool blaster FX-8Li.

I have no complaints about the pool blaster, except that the vacuum head does not come to a 90 degree angle, so tight corners may be an issue. It hasn’t been a huge problem as their is enough suction to clean out those areas or I simply wave my hand in front of the head to push debris into the head.

We purchased the vacuum for our sun ledge area that is too shallow for the robot and also for areas near the steps that the robot may miss. This was much easier than plugging the manual vacuum head into the skimmer.

The FX-8Li is plenty powerful and is also great for any little pebbles that make their way into the water that our robot struggles with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.