Toronto
My pool company is suggesting this SWG :

Hayward Aqua Rite 940 Salt Generator & 40,000 Gal Cell​

Sku: AQR940CUL

however it is currently out of stock.

Another company is offering this generator for $1000 cheaper and also has stock

Hayward Aqua Rite Salt Generator & 40,000 Gal Cell​

Sku: W3AQR15CUL

I am new to all of this as we just purchased a home that had an existing chlorine pool. Can someone let me know the differences and whether it is worth the $1000 difference?

940 cell is an extended life cell that is speced at generating 725 lbs of chlorine instead of 580 from the T-15 cell. Otherwise the systems are the same. Most of the price difference is Pool Builder markup. Save your money and get the T-15 cell.

Reactions: Saturn94
Hi welcome to the forum .. not knowing what size pool you have makes a difference in what you should purchase. This is my second year using
a salt system & everyone loves the water quality. I have the hayward aqua rite T-15 and about 20,000 gallon pool. I run the salt system 12 hrs a day
at 35% and the Hayward VSP motor for 14 hrs a day. Salt systems are positively great my pool has never been this clean or so easy to care for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.