Which Circupool?

Nov 14, 2015
Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, I have a 11,500 gallon pool. I was looking into converting to SWG. So, based on the TFP recommendation, I would be looking into a salt cell rated for 25,000 gallons or higher. I was looking at the Edge 25. The RJ+ and CORE looks tempting, but probably out of budget. SJ looks like I could get a larger cell for cheaper. Not sure if people consider the Universal 25 or not. Just wondering what your thoughts were, especially if you have one of these Circupool models? Any regrets with Edge owners?

Thanks in advance!

The edge is the 3rd gen and the SJ-A is the new 1st gen updated with a flow switch.. It seems 2 of the new SJ-A are having a problem with the flow/temp switch.. I love mine and it is working great... Right now prices have gone up ans they are flying of the shelf.. a 25 to 45 in any of them will work great for your size pool, the bigger the less you have to run the pump or the lower you can turn the cell down :)

I have a 45 and a 15k pool..

Not sure about LA, but here in San Jose, electricity is expensive and since you have a single speed pump, it would be wise to get a SWG rated for more gallons. If you don't, you'll have to run your pump longer to generate the chlorine that you need. If you get an Edge 25 as opposed to an Edge 40, you will have to run your pool pump 2 hours a day more to generate the same amount of chlorine (around 4+ ppm) which should be enough to chlorinate your pool. That's an extra 60 kWh a month of electricity, which can add up in a hurry over time. The difference between the two units is $300.

Reactions: cowboycasey
In the last 2 weeks everyone has made a mad grab on SWG because of the news on chlorine.. They only have the RJplus on sale now... The RJ is a great machine it is just there second gen compared to the 3rd gen for the edge... Out of all of them I still love my basic SJ system, I have had both the first gen and now the second gen SJ-A they just work... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.