Where to start with pool math app and a SWG

HEY!

On the MA it is fine, but diluted, it is a bit more expensive for the power. I like to go to hardware store. Do you have ACE?

This store has it:
Van Nuys - 2.6 miles
Ace Hardware of Van Nuys
5960 Sepulveda Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91411
(818) 453-9537

That calcium chloride is fine, if expensive. This is one of the chemicals I buy from the pool store. They have dowflake and it is super pure. I got 40lbs for about 30-35$. You might call and ask for prices, then compare to Amazon.

That is super close thank you!

Last question for a few days I promise! My tiles are starting to get a bit scummy like a white film above the water line. I see a lot of different recommendations on how to clean searching the sub one of them being muriatic acid. I was wondering what is recommended for routine cleaning? If it’s ma how do you do that if you need to be careful with the chemical?

This could be a number of things. Can you post a picture or two, would really help. Can you smudge it around with your finger? Is it hard? What happens when you try to wipe it with a microfiber cloth? Need a bit more to really help.

Reactions: r2sie2
This could be a number of things. Can you post a picture or two, would really help. Can you smudge it around with your finger? Is it hard? What happens when you try to wipe it with a microfiber cloth? Need a bit more to really help.
Ok I’ll get some more info tomorrow it seems like just a small amount of salt scale that just needs like general maintenance cleaning. I’ll get some pictures

Go to pool math home page, go to the gear in the upper right corner, scroll to the bottom and enable sharing through trouble free pool. That way we can see your logs by clicking (phone) or hovering (pc) over your name in your post.

Also, enable Track CSI and Track Salt. Make sure you get a temperature reading on your pool water every once in a while. I use a cheap digital meat thermometer. You can use a digital human temperature thermometer too. Just please do not use an old school glass thermometer...no glass around the pool!

I think it is possible that it is scale. Like to see your recent test results and your CSI.

Do you use PoolMath (PoolMath)? If not, I suggest you download and setup to track your testing and chemical additions. Use the same login as here.

After you do, go to the gear in the upper right corner, scroll to the bottom and enable sharing through trouble free pool. That way we can see your logs by clicking (phone) or hovering (pc) over your name in your post.

Also, enable Track CSI and Track Salt.

I think it is possible that it is scale. Like to see your recent test results and your CSI.

I haven’t been doing csi somehow I missed that one. I will do that tomorrow. I also haven’t been logging when adding chemicals I will also start doing that

CSI is not a test. Pool Math will calculate that for you. When you go to the gear, there is a setting for "Track CSI." Just turn it on and PoolMath will calculate and it will show up in your logs.

CSI is not a test. Pool Math will calculate that for you. When you go to the gear, there is a setting for "Track CSI." Just turn it on and PoolMath will calculate and it will show up in your logs.
Ok cool done, looks like I needed to add temperature to make it work. Appreciate everything! CSI .003

Ok cool done, looks like I needed to add temperature to make it work. Appreciate everything! CSI .003
Yep. Don't forget to setup sharing to TFP. If you keep your CSI around 0, or slightly negative, you won't get scaling on the pool walls and your SWCG cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
2BC34A2E-F91F-4175-9119-E1CD60B7C138.jpeg
Picture is upside down for some reason. I scraped some of the film off on the center right right of the shadow to try and show the difference. It scratches off easily. I haven’t tried with a microfiber cloth.

Last edited:
Accepting the picture as upside down, notice the white next to the grout line? Is that hard?

When you say "scrape," what did you use? Can you wipe it off with your skin, or do you need something hard to get it to scrape off?

Accepting the picture as upside down, notice the white next to the grout line? Is that hard?

When you say "scrape," what did you use? Can you wipe it off with your skin, or do you need something hard to get it to scrape off?
I got called into work unfortunately so I’ll get back to you on that white next to the grout line. I didn’t notice it in person but I did when I posted the picture. The rest of it just comes off real easy. That mark that I made I just lightly scratched with my fingernail.

Ok I finally got to the white line you were asking about. It scraped off very easily with my fingers. Felt like clumping salt almost. Only a few of the tiles have those white lines you see, most of them just have that build up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.