Jul 7, 2017
Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

New house, moved in last October. I chemically calculated the volume of the pool a few days ago and realized that I don't want to be lugging chlorine for a 34,000 gallon pool all summer long :)

So I just ordered a CircuPool RJ60 Plus, but I'm not sure where to install it. Here is the pool pad, the only place I can see to install the SWG and Flow Switch is by extending the pipe for the pool returns. Thoughts?

1649461360192.jpeg

I would suggest a vertical install. cut out the elbow, and add some space if you need to to the right, and then go back where the elbow was connected. The cell meets the requirement for the 12 inches of straight pipe before the flow switch.
I'll try to draw a picture if I can

just a suggestion, get the two vertical legs plumbed in, then put the top horizontal U on last, makes it so much easier, that way you can get everything nicely spaced and oriented before putting the final piece on.

Reactions: TheMerk
Hey Merk and welcome to the rarely-lug-a-jug club. I am the treasurer and we meet on Tuesday evenings. All dues are payable to Newdude with a capital 'N'. :)

If you go vertical , make sure the flow switch gets mounted with up flow and not down flow. It will eventually fail and you don't want gravity closing the switch for you if the spring breaks.

Reactions: TheMerk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have an integrated spa with your pool? If so, the SWCG needs to be before the valving that sends the water to the spa and pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.