Where to buy SWG

B,

The IC60 salt system is designed to be operated by a Pentair automation system. It can be used as a standalone unit, but if I did not have Pentair automation, I would not get the IC60 as there are better options... Check out this comparison chart and look at the Chlorine production of various cells.. Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

The CircuPool units produce much more chlorine than the Pentair units...

(Obviously, if you have Pentair automation, you will need to buy a Pentair SWCG.. If standalone, you will also need the SWCG's power center...)

Thanks,

Jim R.

B,

The IC60 salt system is designed to be operated by a Pentair automation system. It can be used as a standalone unit, but if I did not have Pentair automation, I would not get the IC60 as there are better options... Check out this comparison chart and look at the Chlorine production of various cells.. Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

The CircuPool units produce much more chlorine than the Pentair units...

(Obviously, if you have Pentair automation, you will need to buy a Pentair SWCG.. If standalone, you will also need the SWCG's power center...)

Thanks,

Jim R.
I do not have the Pentair automation...yet. I do however have all other Pentair products. Currently I have the ichlor30 inline- but have not started it up yet. After researching I realized it is too small for my pool so I am upgrading. I plan to get the Easy Touch panel in the future. I will look into the comparison chart before purchasing though. Thanks for the information.

I do not have the Pentair automation...yet. I do however have all other Pentair products. Currently I have the ichlor30 inline- but have not started it up yet. After researching I realized it is too small for my pool so I am upgrading. I plan to get the Easy Touch panel in the future. I will look into the comparison chart before purchasing though. Thanks for the information.

B,

If you plan to get the EasyTouch, then getting the IC60 makes the most sense... If you can't return the ichlor30, here is what I would do...

I'd run the ichlor30 at 100% and the pump 24/7 and use it until it died... You might have to add a little liquid chlorine now and then but not all that much... 24/7 operation with a VS pump costs about $20 bucks a month.. The ichlor30 will increase the FC in your pool by 4 ppm per day... Most pools use 2 to 4, so you would be on the edge...

Then when you get the EasyTouch, get the one that comes with the internal SWCG power supply and the IC60 cell...

Do you have the ichlor30 or the IC40 (the IC40 is in your signature..)??

And I just realized... I believe that the ichlor power center is the same as the one for the IC60, so it appears to me if you don't get the ET with the built-in power supply, you could just buy the IC60 and use the ichlor's power center...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

You could ask the same questions about Pentair cells... I admit I have not looked, but as far as I know Pentair says what it is a we all believe them...

Well.... "Output ratings for Hayward, Pentair, and Jandy measured by NSF. CircuPool systems have not been evaluated by NSF and ratings are per manufacturer." Quoted right on circupools own site. I did check out NSF and the big 3 certainly get tested there, not just SWG's but much of their equipment. If circupool is advertising that they don't use NSF on their own site I'm guessing there might be a reason...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.