Where to buy lights

Aug 29, 2013
We are having our in ground vinyl liner replaced. We also need to replace the light. Before it is installed, we are moving the jBox.

Is there better (and less expensive) please to buy lights than Leslie's? We currently have a 120V light installed, but would like to upgrade to LED or a Color Changing light since we'll already be digging in.

I think just about anywhere you go, it will be cheaper than Leslie's. Lights are pretty common so I think shopping online would be the best place.

I plan to replace my lights in the next week. I have compared prices between several online retailers and they are all much cheaper than Leslies.

Here are some places that are pretty popular (I am not affiliated with any, but have used several of these places over the years):
sunplay.com
inyoupool.com
poolsupplyunlimited.com
poolsupplyworld.com
doheny.com

Thank you for the website referrals. I'm also looking to put in an internet connected controller for the pump and the booster. Could you recommend a residential solution to control them and the light?
  • Pentair IntelliBrite 5g Color LED Pool Light 601001
  • Pentair Intelliflo VSF
  • Polaris PB45Q Booster

You should start a new thread and make sure the subject line includes automation. Make sure to put all of your location and pool current details in your signature line as this will help those who will help you.

I'm not extremely well versed in automation. Personally, I have my pump and SWG on intermatic timers as I only change these about twice a year and I turn them to run 100% of the time when I have large parties. To me, not worth the price of automating them even though I have an attached spa.

Getting a variable speed pump and automation is great for saving energy. You run the pump 100% of the time and adjust the speed so that it has just enough power to skim the pool of debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.