cargsl

Jul 13, 2022
Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm thinking of changing my pool from LC to SWG and wanted to explore what options I have to buy an AquaPure power center to drive a 1400 cell. Searched on INYOPools but it says Jandy doesn't allow it to be sold online. I really don't want to have to go through a pool builder to install it.

I'm thinking of changing my pool from LC to SWG and wanted to explore what options I have to buy an AquaPure power center to drive a 1400 cell. Searched on INYOPools but it says Jandy doesn't allow it to be sold online. I really don't want to have to go through a pool builder to install it.

They are correct. A few years ago Jandy ceremoniously declared that they were “leaving the internet” (about as foolish a statement as can be made). None of their products can be sold direct-to-consumers online, only through authorized dealers. If anything is sold by a 3rd party online, warranty is void.

Anyway. Look at CircuPool. Good DIY installable SWG.

Dump Jandy, their SWG is garbage anyway …

I have an AqualinkRS automation system which is why I was looking for Jandy. Are any of the third-party SWGs compatible with the Aqualink?

I don’t know for sure but I doubt it. The Big-3 pool equipment makers (Hayward, Jandy, Pentair) all design their systems around their own proprietary standards so that their brands are tightly integrated. Their systems likely can power up almost any other brands of SWG controllers but no 3rd party systems will communicate or feedback. Think of the Aqualink as acting like nothing more than a Power ON/OFF switch to whatever non-Jandy SWG you install and then you have to control/adjust the unit output manually from there.

Sorry, but all the automation systems are that way. I have an IntelliChlor for my Pentair EasyTouch system to control. I could install a different SWG but it would not communicate to my panel at all. It would just use one of the relays to power it up.

I don’t know for sure but I doubt it. The Big-3 pool equipment makers (Hayward, Jandy, Pentair) all design their systems around their own proprietary standards so that their brands are tightly integrated. Their systems likely can power up almost any other brands of SWG controllers but no 3rd party systems will communicate or feedback. Think of the Aqualink as acting like nothing more than a Power ON/OFF switch to whatever non-Jandy SWG you install and then you have to control/adjust the unit output manually from there.
I understand. But thinking from that perspective, I'd rather have the AquaPure so I can control everything from my phone instead of having to monitor equipment separately on the pad.

So going back to my original question, is there a way to get it for a DIY install? I'm not as worried for the warranty, but an installer will probably charge me enough to cover more than half of a replacement purchase from what I've seen.

The short and long answer is NO. I spent more then enough time on this very topic a few months s h o for a customer whose pool was built 2021. A lot of fancy shmancy stuff but no SWCG so I went on the research mission only to find out his builder did him in and the panel isn't compatible and would need power supply.......at a very expensive price. I went the circupool route and settled on the RJ60 and the rest is history. I look at it like this, if your testing FC you're at the pool so he'll just walk 50 feet and manually make the adjustment. As far as automation what good is it without knowing which way to adjust. It's powered with the same source as the pump so when timer or manually shutting down pump you're also shutting down the cell.

Look at the Nature2 FusionSoft. It is not really third party it is the same as the AquaPure.
Oh this is great! I already have a trichlor Nature2 Installed so retrofitting the FusionSoft should be much easier (since I won't need to cut pipes or the like). Thanks for the suggestion

One question regarding this. The reason I'd like to stay with Jandy is so I can get control of the SWG through the Aqualink RS. Do you know if I need to install the PureLink in order to get control? Or can I get that with the APUREM and a very new (as in two months old) Aqualink RS 8?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh this is great! I already have a trichlor Nature2 Installed so retrofitting the FusionSoft should be much easier (since I won't need to cut pipes or the like). Thanks for the suggestion

One question regarding this. The reason I'd like to stay with Jandy is so I can get control of the SWG through the Aqualink RS. Do you know if I need to install the PureLink in order to get control? Or can I get that with the APUREM and a very new (as in two months old) Aqualink RS 8?

It is the exact same control system as the Aquapure. It is what I have. It works natively with the Nature2 (APUREM). Yes the vessels are identical so swap out with the FusionSoft vessel and away you go.

FYI: The FusionSoft and AquaPure cells are identical. They also do not have any intelligence. They are 13 plates and 3 electrodes.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.