Where to buy 2hp pool pump

Hagefamily

Jun 4, 2012
Inground pool with 9 year old Jandy Pro Series PlusHP 2hp pump that’s very loud this year at startup. Seems to be fine in terms of priming, pressure, etc. I assume it’s time to replace it.

Where do you all buy your pool pumps from? I see prices in the $300-$2500 range on Amazon. My local pool builder said $850 for new motor and seal installed (they didn’t look, over the phone quote).

Maybe I’ll take it apart to learn how to do it and try to replace parts myself —- bad idea?

Thanks for any advice!

Looking at the chart below, it shows that you are using 756K watts per month. At .15 cents per kw, that would be about $113 Month.

I have a 3 HP IntelliFlo VS pump that runs 24/7, mostly at 1200 RPM. This cost me about $15 bucks a month.

poolenergyuse.gif

No doubt the up front cost of a VS pump is more, but you get it back over time, plus a lot more and VS pumps are so quiet, you almost have to touch them to make sure they are still working.. :mrgreen:

Just something to think about.

Thanks,

Jim R.

H,

A Variable speed pump is really a variable Horse Power pump.. You just adjust the amount of HP so that it powers whatever you are trying to run.

Now, if it takes a lot of HP to run your waterfall, and you run your waterfall all the time, then it makes less sense to buy a VS pump. But, in my case I have a waterfall that I only run when I want too. My pump normally runs at 1200 RPM, but when I want to run my waterfall, the speed increases to 2800 RPM.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.