Where should I store my chlorine tablets that are in a closed bucket?

Morketh

Oct 17, 2018
KATY/TX
I have been storing them in my garage for 7 months and I just read that people have had their motorcycles rust because they stored their chlorine tablets in the garage.
I have a covered patio in the backyard but sunlight hits that at certain points in the day....
Those are the only 2 spots I have to store the bucket of chlorine tablets.

I havent had any issues with it in my garage and never smelled any chlorine in the garage so I am assuming the bucket seals quite well.
Where do you guys keep your tablets and is it terrible for me to keep them in the garage if I don't have anywhere else where sunlight doesnt go?
If on the back patio I can probably put something over it where the sun doesnt directly hit the bucket but the heat will still get it pretty good...

Pbj111

Aug 9, 2018
Orlando, Fl
At the pool store. You shouldn't be using that many of them. The discount for buying in bulk is not worth the headache of storing them. Just pick one up at the store when you need it.

CarlJax

Jan 26, 2019
Jacksonville Fl
Unless you (like I did) find tabs at $1.00 a lb on a last season sell off at wally world. I got lucky and now watching my CYA rise but chlorine is stabilizing as I work out some of the uglies in my pool. Too good a deal to pass up. Bought $30 worth.
Stored in detached garage with motorcycle living outside (J/K about the bike)

wjr75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
IL
I have a bucket outside in the shade under the roof eves for three years now. I use them in the spring to bring up the CYA and when we go on vacation.

Reactions: splashpad

Other Threads of Interest