where do you store your pool toys?

topherchris

Jun 2, 2019
Cleveland, OH
I can't find good pool toy/float storage options. We seem to accumulate more pool toys every year and have used a cheap plastic/mesh bin to hold them all. It's falling apart and I would like to find something more permanent/durable. I don't mind paying a few hundred dollars for something that will last. I'm looking for something with good air flow that will allow things to dry off. I think a closed bin would get musty over time. Any suggestions? What do you use?
Thanks!

Hey Topher !! I have 2 of the Rubbermaid tubs below and they’ve held up great. One for the pool toys and one for the vac supplies /brushes / etc. Any rain / moisture that gets in them drains well and there is hardly any smells, if at all.

the pool toy one was always stuffed full of wet noodles and squirt guns and should have smelt way worse than it ever did.

We also have a few of the suncast boxes and a trash can from them. The boxes stay dry enough for towels which should be damp from the morning dew / air moisture alone. Yet for 8 years of being outside all summer through many storms and stored in the same box in the garage all winter, the towels always came out smelling fresh off the clothesline.

They are rebranded under a few names but they’re all the same and hold up very well to the elements. Home Depot/Lowe’s/Bjs/Costco/Walmart/Target etc all have them as well as Amazon.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Snoobug
We have a box about the same size as the Rubbermaid that Newdude linked to. I think it’s Suncast. It now has more pool stuff than toys since our kids are grown, but there are still some in there. It has held up really well with no leaks but no issues with musty smells or anything.

I’ve been getting FB ads for Wayfair for a large plastic storage box with these metal poles coming up the back to hold pool floats. It’s kind of cool if you have the room for it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.