Where do you mount your bug zapper?

Jeff74

Mar 10, 2010
Huntington, WV
I got a 1 acre Flowtron Bug Zapper for Christmas and was just getting it out for the season and was wondering where everyone else mounts or hangs theirs? The manual says to keep it away from decks and pools, unfortunately, I had a great spot setup for it on my deck, away from the pool. Where do you all hang your zappers?

We have done the zapper in the past, done the citronella etc... but still get bitten. Those mosquitoes always go after the person producing the most carbon dioxide. A friend of mine told me about a company that sprays an extract around your house that lasts 21 days. I believe it is chrysanthemum based. Non toxic to pets and kids. We have tried it and had 2 applications in the last 5 weeks. I am usually the one that gets bitten. Not a bite yet and we have been eating outside at night for the last 2 weeks. Amazing that the no see ums or mosquitoes don't bother me under the table. The website is bugsbite.com
We ended up signing up for the whole summer package.

Does anyone use the propane powered units. They have a small pilot light to produce CO2 To draw them and a fan that sucks in the bugs. They are supposed to clear a half acre.

I have no use for one now that I live in a place where you can hear a young child say "Mommy, what's a mosquito?". But when I lived in MA I had one of those and two zappers and still got bit. I guess because I had an acre with wetland near by.

I swear by THERMACELL's odorless and work great. The mosquitos here in GA are big, bad and nasty, lol.....its the only thing I have found to that works especially if you have pets or animals and you dont want your ground treated with sprays.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.