Where do the pins 3 and 4 go from the RJ11 Flow Switch Connector

bshoefl

Jul 24, 2023
Hollywood, Florida
Hello,

This is for a AquaRite PCB Board. I was using my multimeter to try to figure out where pins 3 and 4 from the RJ11 Flow Switch Connector go once they leave the RJ11 Flow Switch Connector. The flathead screwdriver test failed, I soldered all six pins of the RJ11 Flow Switch Connector together, and I still don't get Generating except for a few moments, mostly the output is the Red No Flow. If I can trace where pins 3 and 4 go to on the board, I have a shot at fixing the board.

Thanks,
Brian

It is highly possible the break is in the RJ-11 connector itself. Use a hacked tel cord and run a continuity test to rule out the connector. Then with the help of an Ohmmeter, trace the double-sided circuit on the pcb. It's been a while and I can't remember if pin 3 or 4 has the 5-volt dc tied to the micro-controller chip via a voltage divider network. When pins 3 and 4 are tied together, the 5-volt drops down to 3 volts and resumes normal operation. And that's all I have. Btw, what sw version do you have?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.