When will slamming be Done?

I guess I will go in pool this afternoon and pull and clean the light as I figure I might as well while I still have the FC at SLAM level. Here is current photo of deep end of pool that may help.

Is there a gasket under the pool light cover that might be bad or come apart when I remove the light?

I guess I will go in pool this afternoon and pull and clean the light as I figure I might as well while I still have the FC at SLAM level. Here is current photo of deep end of pool that may help.

Is there a gasket under the pool light cover that might be bad or come apart when I remove the light?
Shouldn't be. Water gets behind it. There will be gaskets holding the assembly together, but you won't be messing with that.

So I went ahead and removed the light and glad I did as there was lots of green algae in the niche and on the light fixture. I scrubbbed it off and cleaned things up and reinstalled. During cleaning of the niche I found this debris and not sure what it is. When i wire brushed the inside of niche to remove the algae so more came off. I have included a picture of it. Does anyone know what it might be?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.