When to change my sand

May 29, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Hi

Moved into a new home, and getting to grips with this whole pool thing.

I'm trying to work out what signs I should look out for that I need to change my sand. I've asked the previous owners how old it is, but no clear answer, which makes me think it is probably pretty old.

Seems pretty expensive to swap out the media unless I'm seeing a problem.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sand is millions of years old...nothing that’s been done to it for the past years has had any effect on it’s ability to act as a filter medium. Despite what the people trying to sell you pool sand will tell you, there’s only one instance where it would need to be changed out.

So save yourself the back ache and simply deep clean the sand and it will work like new. How do you do that ??? great question, thanks for asking. Here’s a post you can read about it -

Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Sand is millions of years old...nothing that’s been done to it for the past years has had any effect on it’s ability to act as a filter medium. Despite what the people trying to sell you pool sand will tell you, there’s only one instance where it would need to be changed out.

So save yourself the back ache and simply deep clean the sand and it will work like new. How do you do that ??? great question, thanks for asking. Here’s a post you can read about it -

Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter
Thanks

I'll give it a shot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.