when can i swim after slam ?

ste

Apr 25, 2019
costarica
I had to slam the pool with no proper FC test kit and with only 10 hours solar per day pump running .....i know that is bad but tropical storm is coming and i had to do a SLAM for algaes and becouse the virus lockdown i finished my 0871 taylor reagent k2006 for FC levels ,i have only k1001 that get till 5ppm for chlorine ,no CC test ......so i did the math and with CYA at 40 i had to slam at FC 16 so i gave 4 gallons of 6%bleach 1st day ,3 gallons 2nd day and 2 gallons 3rd day nothing on day 4 and nothing today on day 5 with no bathers .....the water yesterday and today look really clear sparkling and inviting ...even if we had some rain . seems like in the last 48 hours no overnight chlorine loss FC level with k1001,yesterday and this morning seems around 10ppm , , is that normal ? Can i swim in the pool with that high FC level ? should i wait till goes down till 7 ppm? Is very hard to read proper color test with k1001 but is the only one i have at the moment ......

last 2 days was rainy ....so no chlorine loss ,but today is sunny and the pump is running strong ,so FC level sould go down a bit with the sun ? the water looks perfect ....... CYA 40 ... FC around 10 ppm ....... i think is save to swim ?

last 2 days was rainy ....so no chlorine loss ,but today is sunny and the pump is running strong ,so FC level sould go down a bit with the sun ? the water looks perfect ....... CYA 40 ... FC around 10 ppm ....... i think is save to swim ?
It's safe to swim up to SLAM level for your CYA. Chlorine / CYA Chart - Trouble Free Pool

Reactions: ste
i run out of 0871 reagent on my k2006 ,i have 0870 and all the other reagents so i can test CYA ,TA etc etc but not FC over 5ppm and no CC test at all
is there a way to test CC only with a k1001 testkit ? and the 0870 salt or something ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.