What's your current pool temp?

Between 50 and 60 degrees- fluctuates depending on weather, which can vary as much as 50 degrees from one day to another. Our low water temp of the winter so far- 36 degrees- ice covered the rails of the pool, but never covered the water surface. We have a freeze timer to keep it moving. Spring is running early this year- a warm week could easily push us into the mid to upper 60's water temp. Then again, this is Texas, and a couple of cold days could drop the water back to the 40's again.

The pool has crept up in temperature from a low for the winter of around 48F to now around 59F. The solar guys were supposed to come out and hook the solar back up -- as soon as that happens, we're off and running to heating the pool to start the season in April (with some gas assist as well).

We're 66 today. It's been at this temperature for a few weeks now. Cools to 63 at night. I think it got down to 49 a few months ago, so we're certainly heading in the right direction. We'll swim once it hits 78, but prefer 82 and higher. I'll be adding 4-5 more solar panels this year -- hopefullt the'll work better. I had 4 panels plumbed in series with 10 higher panels (not my choice or doing). I could not get the flow high enough with all the head from the lower 4 panels. With a more balanced system -- even if the new ones face east, I hope to get the water flows way up and the heat with it. The VF pump was struggling at max RPM to pump last year at a fairly low GPM. Not good for the pump and too expensive to run.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We seem to be stuck on 60degrees water temp. The air temps keep fluctuating- one day it is over 80, then the next night there is a light freeze and so forth- yo-yo weather it is what I call it. High winds regardless of temp, so that keeps the water cooler and keeps my pH rising. We had 50mph gusts the other day that had the pool sloshing around like there was several wild kids in it. Solar panel installation is in early stages- hopefully running by mid-April.

Somewhere around 32°F. It's finally warmed up enough that the thick ice is melting, but with the extended winter and deep frost I'm betting the end of April before the pool is ice free. Then again, with full sun and temperatures in the 60's forecast this week, it may well melt faster. I'm not expecting to be in the pool before June this year though. Here's hoping I can get another year out of the liner! :goodjob:

Update: We're swimmable now! :-D (though still a little cold). With the help of a heat wave over the last 3 days and solar (and the cover), we have the pool in the upper 70s (78 afternoon and 75 morning). We avoided the pool and went in the spa Saturday and Sunday. With solar we were able to get easily to 95 -- very nice!

GToday should be the last day of the heat wave, but will be in the high 90's, so the pool might get above 80. Unfortunatelyl then the weather will cool off for the weekend.... :cry:

Completed my fill yesterday (had to drain over the winter for some construction going on near the pool) and turned on our heater last night. Pool was at 54' last night and 65' this morning. We have a tankless electric heater. It gets quite a workout for a couple days and then it does a real good job keeping up. I expect 84' by Friday morning. Maybe sooner. Our pool is indoors though. :wink:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.