What's your current pool temp?

Mesamave, To cool it somewhat, you can shut the solar off during the day, and turn it on at night, after the sun goes down. That should radiate some of the heat back out, as long as the air temperature is lower than the pool.

Just bought a new thermometer and before I put it in it was on the 70° mark. It promptly plummeted to 58°!

I want a couple solar panels on the garage roof for next year!

Mesamave, To cool it somewhat, you can shut the solar off during the day, and turn it on at night, after the sun goes down. That should radiate some of the heat back out, as long as the air temperature is lower than the pool.

I have used the solar heaters at night. It helps cool it a little bit. Mostly, if I just turn off the heaters and keep the cover off at night, I can lose up to 5 degrees over the evening.

Just bought a new thermometer and before I put it in it was on the 70° mark. It promptly plummeted to 58°!

I want a couple solar panels on the garage roof for next year!

I made my own solar panels. LOTS of black pipe, lots of sunshine, a pump and I have free heat.
I typically get between 4 and 7 degrees between the water going in and what comes out to the pool. Use a cover to hold the heat in at night and I extend my swim season by sever months on each end.
It didn't even cost much.
I was a doubter at first but as it turned out, it works great.

I have used the solar heaters at night. It helps cool it a little bit. Mostly, if I just turn off the heaters and keep the cover off at night, I can lose up to 5 degrees over the evening.

I made my own solar panels. LOTS of black pipe, lots of sunshine, a pump and I have free heat.
I typically get between 4 and 7 degrees between the water going in and what comes out to the pool. Use a cover to hold the heat in at night and I extend my swim season by sever months on each end.
It didn't even cost much.
I was a doubter at first but as it turned out, it works great.

Do you have a thread on this process? Very clever.

Our pool was 65 on Saturday morning, but climbed to 72 by yesterday afternoon. We had two amazing days of sunshine in the upper 80s so I hope that with continued sunny days, we'll be close to 78 by the weekend.

lol woody!

I got the solar blanket out today since it's going to be in the 80's today. It's about 66 degrees...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I saw you post that earlier April and I have to tell you I am so jealous! :lol: I pulled my cover out today and put it on. I'm hoping to warm it up some so I can swim next week. Seeing the crystal clear water and how nice it looks is driving me crazy!!! I wanna swim!!! :mrgreen:

Yesterday, I was 79. I connected my second solar heater and it came up to 82.Orlando is mostly cloudy so far today so I'm not expecting much in the way of additional temperature rise. I need 86.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.