What's your current pool temp?

Yay I finally got in my pool today - 81 deg water, 83 deg weather. The teenager crew has been in several times but today was my day. YES!!!!!

michiele said:
We are burning up down here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. 93 this afternoon! That is the water temperature! I put a fountain on yesterday, but so far, it hasn't helped much...

I'm Tulsa as well! My pool temps been 82 for a few weeks now. The 33 year old Pinoaks surrounding the pool keep it fairly shaded. Pool store told me today that most pools in the area are 85 -90 degrees and up.

this has been the worst "summer" ever. Hasn't been warm enough to even get in & clean out the pool. I grew up in Florida & I'm here now in the pacific NW due to family moves at an early age then marriage, kids, etc.. I look forward to my 3 week vacation all year long.. a week into it now & not 1 pool day. Crud. sorry, i'm just very bummed, not a thing anyone can do about it. ggrrrr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
wow this board must be very strictly monitored! I'm not a swearing kinda person (unless to my ears only) my previous gripe about the weather the word (cr*p) was used & totally bleeped out..well i could certainly say worse words about the weather here...

Barbara C said:
92 today and 94 yesterday. Left the cover off over night. I missed the memo on how to lower temp otherwise. Any suggestions?
Aerate. I've seen a couple of pics of our members who made pvc "fountains" that fit in to a return to spray the water across the pool to help bring it down. Of course watch your pH drift after doing that. I believe running the pump during certain times makes a difference too: night to cool it off / day to warm it up.

Mine is now at 88 degrees....I want it warmer...LOL! I have been shutting my pump off at night and only running during daytime hours. So far it has com up from this mornings reading of 84. I can't help it...I am very cold natured. LOL!

We are at 87 - just creeping into the "too warm" zone for me but I won't complain. I love summer and I love my pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.