What's your current pool temp?

86 degrees [emoji30]I am STILL holding off using the heat pump. Suppost to be mid 80's tomorrow so I will be swimming [emoji474]

Pool is already back to 88 woohoo!!! Just went in and 2 more sunny days in store should make for a nice weekend

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Texas was close to FL climate, I'm surprised it's that cold so soon.

You are forgetting how big Texas is. It has several different climates. Snow storms often make it as far as DFW area, but seldom to Austin, Corpus Christi virtually never. Southwest Texas is desert, southeast climate is more like New Orleans.

Not 92 degrees and not loving life quite as much. :)

Edit: just went out and emptied skimmers and the water felt very warm compared to the 68 degree air temp. And the sun feels great. Water is 79 with solar cover and solar panels only. I turned on the heat pump and we're going to do one more swim this afternoon. It is going to be sunny and 74 this afternoon which should feel nice in some 82+ degree water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Probably turn off the heat pump in a day or two. Night temps getting cooler. Usually his set temp of 83 by noon, but running all day lately. Jumped in today, may be last time. Trying net rather than solar cover, really liking it. Got a 40x20 and cable tied to pool shape. Very easy to scoop debris off. A few 2x4's hold it down well.
16d1e154f0bd85f364fa229548647df6.jpg

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Lol! My wife's perspective is however much I cleaned the pool is plenty. She doesnt need to contribute to that effort. :)

82 degree water on a 74 degree day in the sun was pretty nice!

Just jumped in after work to a really nice 89 despite 2 cloudy days in a row. I hate putting my solar cover on and off but can't deny it probably keeps more heat in the pool than my solar can generate

EDIT: looks like it might make 90 today but I'm still not going in outside temp is only 68 today, brrrrr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.