john0886

Apr 27, 2021
Kentucky
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve heard for awhile that they’ve gone up, but just saw it for myself today. Was going to get some liquid chlorine, and saw the aisle for the pucks…$5 a piece?!? $45 for 5 lbs? That’s the highest I’ve ever seen it.

Not that I really care as I use liquid chlorine, and while it has gone up, it hasn’t gone up quite as much as the pucks.

Why are chlorine pucks so expensive right now…lol. Is it another chlorine shortage, or just the economy?

Its bloody everything. A month or two ago, lumber was back to normal. I was going to grab a couple of insurance 2X4s at HD the other day and they were $9.96 each. A quick glance down the aisle saw $100 sheets of plywood and everything elsw right back to insane prices. Everybody juices lumber prices in the spring, but double from 6 weeks ago is nuts.

Then i hit the grocery store. $17 bags of frozen shrimp were $27 and roast beef cold cuts were $17.99 lb.

Its bloody everything. A month or two ago, lumber was back to normal. I was going to grab a couple of insurance 2X4s at HD the other day and they were $9.96 each. A quick glance down the aisle saw $100 sheets of plywood and everything elsw right back to insane prices. Everybody juices lumber prices in the spring, but double from 6 weeks ago is nuts.

Then i hit the grocery store. $17 bags of frozen shrimp were $27 and roast beef cold cuts were $17.99 lb.
Hahaha, true! Meat is the worst nowadays!!!

Reactions: Newdude
The rise in fuel prices equals higher consumer costs. Inflation is upwards of 12% according to some sources. I ordered a case of 73% cal hypo. More punch by weight. Plus I have virtually no calcium in my pool so I can afford the extra calcium. Once I get my chorine where I want it, I probably won’t add more that a pound a week.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.