Birmingham, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We have an above ground pool; SWG. Last year our pool was beautiful all year. When we removed the cover, we began noticing these clusters along the bottom of the pool. The walls are clear (with the exception of pine pollen that sits at the water line). When I brush the clusters it “poofs” into the water causing it to turn a little cloudy. But they are back the next morning. We’ve vacuumed, have a pool sock on the skimmer, used a clarifier ... and it’s still coming back. Any help would be appreciated!

BF3813B8-3BD5-4B96-B3AF-EF60B890FB4B.jpegAC64C51F-5081-4B38-8ABD-FAF319AA942E.jpeg

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Looks like you have algae. That's a chemical issue. With a proper test kit (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C), you'll want to perform a SLAM Process. I would read that SLAM page and get back with us for any questions you have. We'll be happy to help you through he process, but the test kit with a full set of water test results is definitely a big starting point.

An overnite chlorine loss test will confirm the presence of the algae. What kind of test kit do you have?.. More specifically, do you have a fas-dpd chlorine test kit? Welcome to the forum.
With luck...it could turn out to be just piled up pollen. Pollen season in high gear here and the pool needs more FC to counteract it. Any test levels you can post for us?

I would have just ordered the TFT recommend kit and while you wait for it's arrival. I'd keep putting 3ppm worth of 10% liquid chlorine daily to hold you over. Once the kit arrives do a full water test to see what your levels are and if there's anything to rectify.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.