Riverside, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
SWG Pool. I know I need to add Muriatic Acid but what do you think otherwise?

Results from poollogger.com

FC: 4
CC: 0
PH: 8.2
TA: 80
CH: 225
CYA: 60
Temp: 85
Salt: 2700
CSI: 0.29

Last edited:
We need to know more then SWG pool. Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

See

What type of SWG do you have? Type of pool?

Please create your signature

Your CH is on the low end for a plaster SWG pool. What is the CH of your fill water?

I think my reagents may need a replacement.. This area of SoCal is known for having high Calcium Levels.

I Probably need another bag of salt and a sock of CyA too. We're just reopening (using is a better term in SoCal, because we never really "close" the pool).

I haven't cleaned the SWG cell since last August so I suppose that is probably in order too so I can generate higher FC. The cell is about 4 years old and may just need replacement at this point.

Only clean your SWG cell with acid if you cannot clean any visible scale with a water jet or stick. Every acid cleaning reduces the cell life.

Run your Hayward SWG at the low end of the salt range - 2800 -3000. Higher salt causes higher amps which burn out components in the board.

Only clean your SWG cell with acid if you cannot clean any visible scale with a water jet or stick. Every acid cleaning reduces the cell life.

Run your Hayward SWG at the low end of the salt range - 2800 -3000. Higher salt causes higher amps which burn out components in the board.

So maybe only half a bag..

Yeah, adjust pH.

Where is "This area of SoCal"?

If the bottle of R-0011 is discolored at all, the reagent inside is bad. And if it's more than 2 years old, it's bad.

Riverside. Our water is "hard", or it was. Maybe the water district change sources but I doubt it.

The R-0011 is blue, shouldn't it be blue? I did notice that the turn to red was a very faint red, BTW.

Riverside. Our water is "hard", or it was. Maybe the water district change sources but I doubt it.

The R-0011 is blue, shouldn't it be blue? I did notice that the turn to red was a very faint red, BTW.
Yes, its blue or indigo in the bottle, pink in the water. But look at the bottle itself. If it's starting to yellow, the stuff inside has had it.

Reactions: ShallowWater

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.