What would you do with 12x32?

Apr 10, 2018
California
Hi wonderful community,

I have a long, rectangular 12' by 32' space and I would like a sport pool, a generous hot tub (comfortable for at least 6 adults) and a generous baja shelf (we have young kids).

We can't decide on layout (i.e., if we should have a 12' by 7' hot tub and then a 12'x5' baja shelf right beyond it, with 4' of that baja shelf being dedicated to a step down to the bottom level of the pool. OR if we should do a 7'x7' spa and a 5' x7 baja shelf (so splitting that 12' width)

I've tried to draw this out in the attached photo. If you have a better idea for layout, please propose!!!

And any depth suggestions would be great, too.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7898.jpg
    IMG_7898.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 115
I think the sports style pools seem to be 3'-6"shallow end to 5' middle and 4' for the other side. I know a 6'x6' spa will fit 6 adults and one thing to think about is the heating time of a 12'x 7 spa. Remember the dam wall with take up a foot between the pool and spa. Which might make the steps not work with either layout.

I think the sports style pools seem to be 3'-6"shallow end to 5' middle and 4' for the other side. I know a 6'x6' spa will fit 6 adults and one thing to think about is the heating time of a 12'x 7 spa. Remember the dam wall with take up a foot between the pool and spa. Which might make the steps not work with either layout.

Thank you!! Excellent point about the heating time of a 12x7!! Is 6x6 enough space for 6 adults comfortably? I somehow remember reading on one of the forum posts here that it would feel tight to be 6', but I have no personal idea! Much appreciated.

If it were me, I'd do the Spa on shallow end with the entrance steps beside the spa and then do a baja shelf the full width of the pool on the opposite end. Of course, ultimately it depends on you and your family and how you will use the pool, but that's what I would do...

If it were me, I'd do the Spa on shallow end with the entrance steps beside the spa and then do a baja shelf the full width of the pool on the opposite end. Of course, ultimately it depends on you and your family and how you will use the pool, but that's what I would do...

Thanks!! Great idea! The only consideration for us is that the opposite end of the pool (where you're suggesting the baja shelf) is farthest away from the house (the short side of the rectangle is against the outdoor patio and the other side is at the farthest point of our rear yard). So, with little kids, we'd ideally want them closer to the house - if that makes any sense. Do you have any ideas for how to get the spa and the baja shelf on the side that's closer to the house? Much appreciated

If it were my pool, I'd maximize on swimming pool space over spa space.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.