Kooky98

Aug 25, 2020
Ridgewood, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've finally have CYA up using the sock meathod.
Currently
FC 4.4 usually is 0 by this time of day. CYA seems to be working.
CC .2
CYA 50 from 0
PH 8 jumped as was mentioned to me would happen.
Let me know if this is the right way to go. Thanks in advance.
We are going to have rain for the next few days. I thought I would see where everything lands and just keep the chlorine up.
When I go to lower my PH what is the best option?

Muriatic acid is the best way to lower pH. You can usually find it in the paint department of any hardware store. Use Pool Math to determine how much to lower your pH to 7.2, then pour a pencil thin stream in front of the return with the pump running. Within a few minutes it should be thoroughly mixed in and would be safe to swim in again.

MA is highly caustic and can burn your skin, eyes and lungs. So be careful with it and wear gloves and eye protection and don't breathe the fumes. I like to lower the jug into the water and then gently pour it in to avoid splashing.

Everything else looks good! Target 5 for your FC and never let it drop below 4 and you'll be fine.

Muriatic acid is the best way to lower pH. You can usually find it in the paint department of any hardware store. Use Pool Math to determine how much to lower your pH to 7.2, then pour a pencil thin stream in front of the return with the pump running. Within a few minutes it should be thoroughly mixed in and would be safe to swim in again.

MA is highly caustic and can burn your skin, eyes and lungs. So be careful with it and wear gloves and eye protection and don't breathe the fumes. I like to lower the jug into the water and then gently pour it in to avoid splashing.

Everything else looks good! Target 5 for your FC and never let it drop below 4 and you'll be fine.
Thanks. I must have forgotten this. I do have the MA from last year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.