What type of weir door do I need here??

repomannv

Apr 23, 2019
Henderson NV
Hi All; I bought a house with a broken pool, $10k in deferred maintenance later it's actually pretty nice and all working well. For my skimmer, it doesn't have a Weir door, so I figured i'd try and find the right one to fit, here's what I've got... it almost looks to me like a hinged door broke off at some point and that I'll need to pull that piece with the vertical tabs out - I gave it a good tug and it doesn't want to budge, so before I really put some force in, I wanted to check here. Also, what type of door will I need to get to replace it? Its 8.5" wide. help!! ;-)
IMG_3526.JPGIMG_3527.JPG

It looks like that first attachment point got cemented or plastered into place. If the plaster or cement is hold it in, you won’t get it out without chipping out the cement and possibly causing a leak....

We have some pool equipment experts that can probably tell you the exact replacement part number. Just need to wait for them to respond...

I’m very sure it’s a Sta-Rite U3. It just looks a little busted, and the base from the old one was broken off. There should be 2 screws holding it down.

That’s the same skimmer I have, and Rob is correct on the part.

Do not try to remove the piece that is in there! When you get the replacement part, you’ll simply unscrew the screw, take the 2 pieces apart, then install the door into the existing skimmer. (It will all make sense when you have the part in hand)

Reactions: InyoRob
Looking at your photos more closely, someone has done a double repair on that skimmer. (Probably because they didn’t know how to repair it)
In the photo, the bottom arrow is the replacement base (the part you’ll remove on the new part) that the door will slide into.
The top right arrow shows another base (the original), and the top left arrow shows the part that the door itself is attached too, that slides out of the base.
Someone has most likely glued all those pieces in there, and is up to you if it’s worth fixing it properly. Once again, when you have the replacement part in your hand, look at your pictures and it will all make sense. :cheers:83C9843C-3A28-48E6-98B8-33B4F132A10A.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.