Forney, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
In another thread I mentioned that the pool builder did find the location of a leak…inside the skimmer tubing/pvc. He sent some guys out today and they filled said edges of the skimmer with silicone. Said to wait 24 hours before adding water back to the pool. They drained it just below skimmer level. Pump has been off since around 4pm. Not sure what to do as the pump isn’t running. Eating dinner right now but will do some tests, if needed, after I eat.

Thanks y’all!

Add liquid chlorine to keep FC above minimum. Dump it in and push it around a few times with a brush.
Do you have a robot? Run that after addition and it'll move it around.

Can you post some pictures of the repair and leak area? Including the repair?
Sounds very shoddy from the description...

Reactions: cdadams1223
A submersible pump works great to stir it up too, should the need ever arise again. (Always brush either way after adding)

Soooo, surprisingly my FC was 9, TA was 50, and pH 7.7. Didn’t bother checking CYA because the sun is down and the house lighting is terrible. CYA was 60 on July 15th. So I need to increase my FC to SLAM level (24ppm) to be safe or what?

EDIT: I think my CYA is in the 70s actually but forgot to log it in PoolMath.

Last edited:
CYA was 60 on July 15th. So I need to increase my FC to SLAM level (24ppm) to be safe or what?
Only because of the pump off ? You'll continue to lose XX FC per day just like normal. If you want to be cautious, add double of what the SWG has been producing lately. No need for SLAM.

Can you post some pictures of the repair and leak area? Including the repair?
Sounds very shoddy from the description...
It’s too dark or I would. When I got home after 7pm I checked it out and didn’t look to shoddy to be honest. Kind of a challenging application if you ask me based on the space you have to work within. Looks like they did a good job but time will tell.

Reactions: newdude
I went ahead and added about 6ppm for a total of 15ppm in the pool. My wife just told me the guys will be back tomorrow around 4pm to check things out but that we could fill it back up in the morning. That sound right? Maybe they’re using a quick dry application?

Reactions: newdude
It’s too dark or I would. When I got home after 7pm I checked it out and didn’t look to shoddy to be honest. Kind of a challenging application if you ask me based on the space you have to work within. Looks like they did a good job but time will tell.
Ok - Silicon is temporary. Maybe months or years temporary, but not permanent, I wouldn't think.
Lots of builder expertise on the forum if you want a second opinion with some pictures.

Ok - Silicon is temporary. Maybe months or years temporary, but not permanent, I wouldn't think.
Lots of builder expertise on the forum if you want a second opinion with some pictures.
Thanks Reggie! Always down for 2nd opinions but it’s very close quarters inside the skimmer to really take pics. I felt around the areas that received the silicone and all potential leak sites seem to be heavily protected now. It may be temporary but I’m good with that for now. A permanent fix would be to break up the concrete around the skimmer, reveal the skimmer in its entirety, and glue the parts together well as opposed to the silicone. That would be a mess. I’ll roll with this for now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.